Terms and Conditions
Registration and continued login is regarded as acceptance of Approved Tutors’ Terms and Conditions. If you have any queries regarding our terms and conditions, please use the Contact Us page.
Glossary of Terms
The website www.approvedtutors.co.uk
An educator registered on www.approvedtutors.co.uk and offering a private tuition service.
Parent / Student:
A member registered on www.approvedtutors.co.uk seeking the services of a private tutor and willing to enter into a contractual relationship with a tutor.
An agreement between Tutor and a Parent/Student to provide a tutoring service.
Tutors and Parent/Students registered on www.approvedtutors.co.uk
Approved Tutors’ Responsibilities
Approved Tutors will provide a safe and secure platform which:
- Enables Parent/Students to browse Tutor profiles, contact Tutors and securely purchase the contact details of Tutors.
- Enables Tutors to browse Parent/Student profiles, and contact Parent/Students.
- Approved Tutors will take reasonable precautions to ensure Tutors are real individuals who can provide proof of their ID, qualifications, references and personal details.
- Approved Tutors will take reasonable precautions to keep the personal contact details of members confidential until both parties agree to enter a Contract.
- Approved Tutors agrees to operate a Best Match Guarantee Scheme. If a Parent/Student purchases a Tutor’s contact details, completes a tutoring session then subsequently decides they do not wish to book any further sessions with their chosen Tutor, they should contact Approved Tutors using the Contact Us facility to apply for authority to contact one other tutor free of charge.
- Members should not attempt to exchange contact details until a Parent/student member purchases the contact details of a Tutor in exchange for the first hour of tuition. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the removal of the Member’s profile and a permanent ban from using the Approved Tutors website.
- Members must not use the Approved Tutors for illegal, unlawful or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene or advertising material, or sending viruses and worms.
- Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
- Members must not post material to the Approved Tutors Website in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
Tutor Member Responsibilities
- An individual Tutor must ensure they have only one account registered.
- Tutors must ensure that the email address used for registration is current and accessible.
- A Tutor must:
- Be over eighteen years of age.
- Have a current DBS certificate
- Have the qualifications and experience to provide tuition in the subjects they offer tuition in. Publication of a Tutor profile is subject to Approval and Approval is subject to providing proof of appropriate qualifications.
- Tutors who contact a Parent/Student member who is under the age of 18 must ensure that they obtain consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services.
- A Tutor is not an employee of Approved Tutors and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of the Approved Tutors website.
- Tutors set their own hourly rates for tuition and are responsible for collection of tuition fees.
- Approved Tutors is not liable for any tuition fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between a Tutors and Parent/Student members.
- Tutors must agree to offer a £20 discount (or equivalent tuition time) to a Parent/Student who purchases their contact details in exchange for free advertising of their tuition services.
- A tutor takes full responsibility for all information provided to Approved Tutors and must indemnify Approved Tutors in relation to any liability incurred by Approved Tutors as a result of such information.
- All information provided by a Tutor on the Approved Tutors Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on Approved Tutors will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
- A Tutor must contact a Parent/Student through the Approved Tutors website. Any other means of communication is prohibited until the Parent/Student has paid the fee for the Tutors contact details and first hour of tuition.
- Use of the Approved Tutors website is entirely at a Tutor's own risk. A Tutor must exercise reasonable caution when using the Approved Tutors website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services.
- A Tutor must not be abusive to or about a Member or Approved Tutors.
- A Tutor must not complete any coursework, essays, or other assignments on behalf of a Student.
- A Tutor shall indemnify Approved Tutors for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of Approved Tutors, including costs and expenses incurred.
Parent/Student Member Responsibilities
- A Parent/Student who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a Parent/Guardian to register on Approved Tutors as it is the Parent/Guardian who will enter a Contract with the Tutor to provide tuition services for the agreed tuition fees.
- Approved Tutors is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Student or their Parent/Guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
- Approved Tutors whilst taking all reasonable precautions does not guarantee that any information provided on the Approved Tutors Website is accurate and correct. Therefore, a Parent/Student is advised to review the credentials, expertise, references, DBS checks and qualifications of any Tutor with whom they enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract.
- A Parent/Student, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor. Approved Tutors is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor and Parent/Student.
- A Parent/Student must contact a Tutor through the Approved Tutors Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
- A Parent/Student agrees not to use Approved Tutors website to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities.
- A Parent/Student cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
- A Parent/Student must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or a Parent/Student on the Approved Tutors Website or any other place. This includes defamatory or derogatory comments.
- Approved Tutors is not responsible for examination entry; this is the sole responsibility of the Parent/Student.
- A Parent/Student must not request a tutor to complete coursework, essays, or other assignments for them.
Liability, Indemnity and other provisions
- Approved Tutors has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the Approved Tutors Website, whether provided by Members or others.
- Third party websites may appear on the Approved Tutors Website. Approved Tutors does not endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
- Approved Tutors is not responsible for the behaviour of Members, whether on the Approved Tutors Website or outside of it. Approved Tutors only provide a service for a Tutor and Parent/Student to be introduced. Approved Tutors does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
- Approved Tutors is not liable for direct, indirect consequential or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of the Approved Tutors Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
- Members agree to indemnify Approved Tutors against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the Approved Tutors Website.
- Approved Tutors does not guarantee that a Tutor will be secured to meet the Parent/Student's needs.
- Approved Tutors is not responsible for any grade received by a Parent/Student or any consequence that examination results entail.
- The code, brand and intellectual property of the Approved Tutors website cannot be reused without Approved Tutors consent.
- All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the Approved Tutors website (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by Approved Tutors.
- It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the Approved Tutors website, or any of the material which is found on the Approved Tutors Website without the consent of Approved Tutors.
- Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Approved Tutors reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the Approved Tutors Website, or the entirety of it.
- Approved Tutors reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to the Approved Tutors Website, or parts of it.
- Approved Tutors may restrict access to the Approved Tutors Website for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of Approved Tutors. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
- Approved Tutors reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on the Approved Tutors Website. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the Approved Tutors Website without prior consent from Approved Tutors.
- Approved Tutors reserves the right to withdraw any material on the Approved Tutors Website which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring the Approved Tutors Website into disrepute.
- Approved Tutors may monitor postings to the Approved Tutors Website and communications through the Approved Tutors Website and have the right to delete and/or block such postings or communications at their sole discretion.
- Approved Tutors give no guarantee that the Approved Tutors Website is free of viruses worms or any other form of harmful components.
- The distance data supplied on the Approved Tutors website is calculated using the latitude and longitude of the postcode. On occasions we only use part of the Postcode, so Approved Tutors cannot guarantee that the data supplied on distances between postcodes is accurate.
- Approved Tutors may contact its members by the details we have stored on their account, this could include by email and phone.
- Approved Tutors may use data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
- Non-Members do not have a right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
- Severability. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
- English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts applies to these terms.